Memory from Downtown Srinagar

April 13 2016:-
I was heading towards home, I passed through Hawal and from few meters away I could see a big cloud of smoke was coming from the nearby area. Few cars ahead of me stopped and I followed the suit. I was not sure what's going on then after few minutes, I started moving and on reaching near Rajouri Kadal (Razay Kadal), I could see tyres burning on both sides of the lane, with big rocks well not as big as one can find in Martand Sun Temple located in South Kashmir built by one of the great kings of Kashmir Lalitaditya Muktapida of Karkota dynasty, were placed across the road by some protesters to stop the traffic which was coming from SKIIMS and other adjoining areas of downtown Srinagar. Well on moving a mile or so I reached near the Jamia Masjid which was built by Sultan Sikandar in 1400 AD under the order of Mir Mohammad Hamadani son of Shah Hamdan, on reaching there I could only see Paramilitary Forces along with some JK Police personals, with their metal headgears on, riot shield in left hand and a metal rod in the right one, and Kalashnikov (AK-47), for many Kashmiris it's still "Kalashankoof", was hanging across their bodies and they were ready on their toes to fight few teenage boys who were throwing stones towards them, that's called Kashmir Intifada the copy cat of Palestinian one, as I passed by them, I took a right turn towards Khawaja Bazar I find everything normal just like nothing has happened, it felt like what I saw few miles back was a daydream, on reaching home, I learned about Kashmir was hit by a terrible earthquake, "damn it! but didn't felt a single swing of that just because I was driving, I went into my room and I was surprised to see the two of my flower pots had fallen, then I realized the intensity of the earthquake was higher than I had anticipated.

Comments